Our Step-By-Step Guide For Setting up a Go Fund Me Page.
Many people have put their inventive ideas on hold due to the lack of financial resources. Thanks to crowdfunding platforms such as GoFundMe, your creativity doesn’t have to be placed on hold. Crowdfunding allows many people over the net to fund your projects whether big or small. You can think of it more like sourcing a crowd of people in request for a financial donation to support your cause but via the internet.
Unlike many crowdfunding platforms, GoFundMe does not necessarily reward its donors. Some platforms offer a reward in exchange for generous donations, like free gifts or ancestry.com coupons for benefactors. GoFundMe does not. Users of the platform can choose to offer a reward to donators, however, that is not common. Generous people that often give to GoFundMe campaigns typically do so based on wanting to support a great cause. Why start a GoFundMe campaign anyway?
Reasons To Start A GoFundMe Campaign
GoFundMe isn’t just for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit. In fact, you don’t have to be business-minded at all to start a campaign. You don’t even have to want or need donations for yourself personally. You can start a campaign to help support a need of a friend. Below is a list of reasons people have started GoFundMe campaigns. The list doesn’t stop here.
- Transportation For The Employed – Years ago someone started a GoFundMe for an older gentleman that got up at five in the morning to ride his bike to work. He had been following his routine for many years before someone started him a GoFundMe.
- Raise Money To Feed The Homeless
- Help With Surgery Expense
- Help A City Or Town Recover From A Natural Disaster
- Memorial Funding
- Start A Local Business
So you’ve heard enough about GoFundMe and now your ready to sign up and start your first campaign. Follow the simple tutorial outlined here. When you get to the official website you should see a green button that says Start a GoFundMe.
Account Sign Up:
The First Steps To Setting Up Your GoFundMe Page:
- Click Start a GoFundMe button
- Sign up using Facebook account or Email address
- Enter Full Name, Email Twice and a Password
- Enter Campaign Title, Fundraising For Who?, Your Zip Code, Campaign Category and Fundraising Amount
- Select Individual if you plan to promote alone
- Add Cover Photo and YouTube Video
- On the next page you will explain why your fundraising
- Click Start Sharing green button to get your GoFundMe link
- Click Next
- Click Manage Fundraiser – You will be taken to your campaign. From there you can click view to see what donors would view on your campaign.
Withdrawing to your bank account is simple. After creating your campaign you need to click withdraw. You will see the withdraw link in the Manage GoFundMe section. Click the green button that says Set Up Withdrawals. You will receive a verification link to your email. After verifying through the email you will need to verify through text also. You want to set up Withdrawals within the first thirty days to avoid confusion.
You will need to enter the last four digits of your social security number into GoFundMe for verification. You also need to input your bank name, account number and routing number to receive your funds. You can sign up for a free account with American Express Blue Bird or MyVanilla to receive direct deposit if you don’t already have a bank account. Both card types are reloadable in stores that participate. Withdrawals from your campaign normally take between 2 to 5 days to complete.
It’s important for you to check for GoFundMe updates. GoFundMe rarely but does update their terms and fees. To start a campaign is free. The fees would include a 2.9% transaction fee and a 0.30% per donation fee.
Starting a campaign does not guarantee you donations. You can start sharing your link on social media sites like Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. You can also promote your campaign on your blog or pay to promote it on a blog source that receives a lot of daily traffic. Always encourage people to share your link whether they plan to donate or not.
Start Your First Campaign
I know by now you should see the value in starting a GoFundMe campaign. It’s a powerful way to bring thousands of people together to support a common cause. Always play fair when signing up to start your campaign. Never seek to take advantage of good people that work for their hard-earned money. If you think someone can benefit from this information be sure to share this post on your social media accounts.